Friday, June 1, 2007

Land Filling


My adrenalin was bursting when I came to site this morning. The catapilla was diging and dumping new soils to the entire site especially the riverside area. To preparing the retianing wall or dam , the contractor has to flat the ground near the edge of site to be strong enough for a caterpilla standing.
Eventhough the amount of new soil looks enormously, it will eventually dense and compact soon. So I have to ensure that I have enough new soil for the target level. Uncle Pae, my contractor, showed me the receiving from soil supplier. He told that supplier could transport soil only by 6 wheels trucks because of the limit of entry road. Today, 26 trucks came to site with about 4 cubic meters each. So that means a hundred cubes of soil were dump today.

No comments: